Saturday, June 18, 2011

Belated Posting

Well. We were unexpectedly invited to the rehearsal supper yesterday so we helped with the prep and watched the rehearsal. I got to play with a baby. He's a 10-month-old identical twin named Joachin. His brother Atticus wasn't as friendly but Joachin was a most excellent playmate. He liked my earring and learned that if he grabbed a handful of the hair behind my ear, the shiny earring was perfectly placed for touching. I was surprised at how long he was happy with a stranger but then I'm endlessly charming. Just ask Durwood and Mom. They know. They think I'm swell. Today we don't have to be anywhere until the wedding at 3 PM. Durwood's napping and I think I'm going to see if that yarn shop I visited last summer is open today. I think I'll do that now. Oh, here's the tiny writing from last night...

June 17--John Singer Sargent, Thistle.

Lure of purple fluff
guarded by thorns,
soft on the eye,
weed to gardeners,
symbol of a nation,
I love you
when you're artichoke.
~~~~~

And that, kiddies, is that. It's hot and humid down here. Kind of a surprise to us tundra-dwellers used to the chill of "up north." I had to go buy a tank top to survive last night's outdoor supper. I'm off.
--Barbara

No comments: