Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rain

Good thing I decided to keep moving after I got home from our walk yesterday because I got the backyard trash picked up--three times (it was windy)--and I moved the firewood from the renters' side to mine (DS left it behind 3 yrs. ago and Jenny didn't use the patio much). Last night while I was out at knitting it started to rain and it still is. Today I'm baking bread for supper tomorrow night after about 10 people paint the inside of DS & DIL1's new house. Since tomorrow's going to be a busy day with lots of exercise I'm planning to spend today relaxing a bit. I'm getting too old to work myself to the bone for 3 straight days and expect not to be achy on Monday. Getting older sucks but it's better than kicking the bucket!

April 15--Georges Lepape, Hand-colored Pochoir from Les Choses de Paul Poiret.

Languor

Upon the cushions she lies
back propped on silk,
velvet white as snow
clings to shoulders, plump and fair,

then falls revealing
more than it hides.

Cupid's bow lips, red as sin,
invite champagne and kisses.
Her cats-green eyes
flutter and gleam

at men too rich
to be young.
~~~~~

She reminded me of the drawings from my Grandma Babe's Girl Graduate, a book written in and drawn in by her friends and classmates when she graduated high school in the 1920s. Stay dry today.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm so glad you have that Girl Graduate book. I always loved it.