Monday, April 4, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-jig-jig

Well, that was certainly a whirlwind of a weekend. I feel like a starter's pistol went off early Thursday morning and I didn't cross the finish line until 8 PM last night. It was fun, I loved seeing everyone, I wouldn't have missed it for the world, but I am dog tired.




I spied this in the back corner of the hotel parking lot. It's an entrance to a walking trail that goes down a gentle slope to the left or off to the right, under the highway and along the fences of Kentucky Horse Park. Wouldn't it be fun to walk along with thoroughbreds and their foals running around in pastures? We saw some mamas and babies doing just that along the highway on Friday. We were driving too fast to get pix, of course.


It was amazing to drive from winter into spring in a single day. It wasn't a lot warmer temperature-wise, but a world of difference greenery-wise. Of course there was the whole driving back into winter thing yesterday. Not nearly as amazing. Here's Mom and Aunt B before we drove off. Sisters reunited for a weekend. It's a wonder they're not both hoarse.


I did knit a bit. A tiny bit. You saw the preemie hat I knit on the way down, well, I knit another one on the way back.

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love the pictures!! Especially the one of Marl and me!! Thanks for adding it to your blog. Glad you got home safe and sound -- and in time for pizza!!!