Thursday, December 22, 2022

We Got the Snow

But only about four inches of the stuff. It's been windy all day so what dry and fluffy snow we got has been blowing around but it wasn't too hard to clear the driveway before SIL1 and IM arrived around 12:30. IM was excited about all of the snow so after lunch he and DD went out to play in it. He had a blast, got cold and wet, and came in thrilled with the experience.



I was lucky enough to have the camera up and ready when this female Cardinal landed on the crook so I got this shot. It flew over to the platform feeder and then away.


With our company I didn't spend the afternoon drawing like I usually do. I just drew the Daily Art page which said to fill the page with seashells. I was stumped but then I remembered that there was a page of seashells in 10-Steps: Nature that I could copy. I'm so much more comfortable copying someone else's drawings than doing my own original ones. Maybe someday.



Three little Sparrows flitted around under the tube feeder but didn't stay long. I filled the peanut wreath after lunch thinking squirrels would come to amuse IM but none came. Maybe tomorrow.


I spent an hour this morning working on writing and managed about 1000 words before my oomph petered out. I'm happy to get any words down.

I hope that they're wrong about the strength of the wind tomorrow. I just checked and the temperature right now is zero. Z.E.R.O. and the wind is whipping the snow around. The wind blew water out of the birdbath and created an icicle that reached from the bowl of it to the ground. Yikes.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

What fun for your little guy out there in all that snow. I could see the smile on his face when I blew up the picture of him running around in your yard. So glad they're all there safe and sound. XXX