Monday, December 26, 2022

But Now It's Just Monday

 I had a plain old Monday today. First thing I stripped the guest bed sheets, threw them in the washer, then into the dryer, and put them right back on the bed in case I have a guest anytime soon. Which I doubt.

The birds came back to the feeders today (it got up to 17 degrees! a heat wave!). Sparrows were diligent about tossing seed down onto the ground and a flock of Mourning Doves took advantage of the free food.



Then a pair of squirrels finally discovered the peanuts so they took turns perching on top of the crook either peeling and eating the nuts right there or turning one over and over before shoving it into their mouth, dropping to the ground, and then scampering off.


I took a break from doing Daily Art pages last week but picked it up again this morning. Luckily I have a lemon that's aging fairly well so I could use it as a watercolor subject. Painting this lemon almost made me want to dig out the big paints and a postcard. Maybe tomorrow.



Today's drawing from Seuss-isms is a, well, I'm not sure what it is. Is it a wall? Not really, it has too many holes, but it has that staircase and a door at the top. Where does it lead? I don't know but I like the way it turned out.


As I was getting my coat on to head over to DS's for the evening I noticed that the sunset was looking pretty so I snapped a picture for you. It was sunny most of the day so I was sure that the sunset wouldn't be much but I was happily wrong. See?


I spent a happy hour rearranging the colored pencils in my new case. I decided to put all the sets together in color order instead of having them all separate. I'm disappointed that there are very few red colored pencils. There are many green and blue ones but only a few red ones. I don't count pink in the red category.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Your watercolor of the lemon 🍋 is one of your best. I thought it was an actual lemon you'd put paint on!