Thursday, December 15, 2022

Snow That's Going to Last

Well, we didn't get the 6-9" of snow that we were threatened with, they got it in the northwestern part of the state, and more. We got about 2 1/2 to 3" of wet, heavy snow that cooperated by being just dry enough to be snowblowed. Whew. I wouldn't want to have had to shovel it. It's supposed to stay around freezing for the next couple days and then get colder so I think the snow will stick around, maybe until Christmas which is only 10 days away. Yikes!



A couple squirrels discovered the peanuts in the wreath this morning and I caught this one perched on the crook and nibbling its way through the shell to the delicious nuts inside. It sat there for a while until another squirrel came up and dislodged it from its perch. You can tell how wet the snow was today by the squirrel's tail. It's not as fluffy as a dry one would be.


The daily art challenge today was to sketch a person from life but since I didn't go anywhere I relied on the school pictures that are on top of the bookshelf in the corner. You were to use just one color and add tone for details. I chose to try my hand at OJ's portrait this time and I think it turned out not bad.



The next page in How to Draw People had six different people in squares. Since my paper is small I only drew two of them today. That way I can make them last. Today's people are a Nurse and a Farmer, if you couldn't tell.


I pulled out Dr. Seuss' Animals yesterday and drew these creatures from the title page. My
frog is a very odd looking frog but I like the butterfly and the owl looks like it's having some sort of anxiety attack but that's the way it looks in the book. Cross my heart.



I've been watching the last four years' worth of Call the Midwife Christmas specials in anticipation of this year's show on Christmas night. I'll DVR it and watch it after my holiday guests leave for home. While watching I've also been knitting on the Limited Edition Wingspan. Triangle four will grow a lot tomorrow night at Friday Night Knitting and maybe I'll be able to finish it over the weekend. That will mean that I'm halfway through.

 

This afternoon I sat down and watched a webinar about writing. She didn't tell me anything I didn't already know but it never hurts to have a refresher. Then I pulled up a blank sheet of "paper" and wrote 725 words.


The technicians from Van's came around noon today to install the new part in my on-the-furnace humidifier. It didn't take them long and it seems to be working the way it's supposed to. Fortunately it didn't cost me any more because the unit is under warranty. Hooray!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I guess winter is really here. It's almost cold down here too and Christmas is right around the corner. Ready or not -- here it comes!