Friday, December 30, 2022

Melting

My knitting friend, LB, said that it was 51 degrees at midnight last night and the temperature has fallen to 27 since then. All of that warmth made the snow melt like crazy. What was a winter wonderland just a couple days ago is now a mess of exposed grass, fallen birdseed, and rabbit raisins. Just what I want to see when I look out the window.


I felt a little perkier today so I took a shower then went to the party store to find a birthday card for LC who will turn 9 on Tuesday. First I designed a card on Print Shop but it wouldn't print no matter what I did so I had to go buy a card. Rats.



Then I sat down to draw. The only thing I drew was this little guy out of Seuss-isms. I like him.


Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I finished Limited Edition Wingspan triangle number 5. Only three more to go! Pretty soon I'll need to wind up another skein. Oh boy.


My regimen of Afrin nasal spray, Zicam, and Halls honey lemon drops is doing pretty well at controlling my cold symptoms although I did have to get up in the night last night to take some Robitussin for the cough that started up. Fingers crossed that I can stay on top of it and sail on through.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Hard to believe it's been nine years since LC came into family. Abbi's oldest will be ten in June. Sunrise Sunset -- quickly go the years.