Friday, December 23, 2022

And Now We've Got the Wind

Hoo boy, is it windy today! I went out to clear the driveway after the plow came through this morning and I was nearly blinded by the flying snow that the snowblower was throwing into the wind. It blew and snowed all day. It was so cold that we did not go out to play in the snow today, instead we went to the Hyatt to swim. I snapped this picture of the icicle that grew from the basin of the birdbath all the way to the ground. IM wanted to go out and pick it off but was told that it wouldn't survive inside besides it was just too cold to go out.



The only drawing I did today was the Daily Art challenge. This time the page said to draw the hand that you don't use to draw. I am happy with the way it turned out.


DD and her family went out to Kroll's for supper. I stayed here because we went to Kroll's on Wednesday and I've eaten much of the wrong stuff all week besides I didn't want to go out in the cold again. They decided to go back to the hotel after supper to give IM the chance to have a normal night's sleep so I got to go to Friday Night Knitting after all.  I added about an inch to Limited Edition Wingspan triangle number 5.


I was sitting here at the laptop this afternoon when DD was trying to get IM to rest for an hour, maybe even take a nap, and I realized that there was a small gale blowing through the window over my bed. So I went downstairs and found a box of window plastic with a roll of double-sided tape and sealed the window. It's going to be much cozier in my bed without those cold breezes coming in. Why do I wait so long to seal up that window? I know that it's leaky, I should cover it up sooner. *head, slap*

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

That picture of your birdbath says it all. Winter has definitely come to GB!