Thursday, December 29, 2022

Stoopid Cold

Well, I felt like crap today. All day. I'm not terribly sick, the Zicam and Afrin are doing their jobs, but I just don't have any get up and go. I did not have to go out and finish shoveling the driveway because the temperature got up to 45 degrees and the snow melted away. In fact, the iceberg in the birdbath melted and the big top-to-bottom icicle fell down and almost melted.



I didn't even have much energy for drawing. The Daily Art page said to add designs to these vases. I did that.


Then I drew another couple figures from the front cover of Dr. Seuss's Book of Animals.

 

Mostly I sat around half falling asleep. I did a little knitting tonight but my concentration wasn't there so I put it aside. I had to run to the pharmacy to pick up a couple prescriptions (not cold related) and I was a good girl and put on a mask. I do not want to share this cold with anyone.

Right now it's 46 degrees according to my laptop and foggy. I suspect a cold front is going to sweep through overnight which will probably make all of the nice wet roads slick as glass. And to think only 5 days ago it was barely above zero degrees. I love Wisconsin winters.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I hear you about feeling lousy. There's always a letdown after Christmas and the kids have come and gone. Having a cold doesn't help. Just veg for a couple of days and you'll feel better. XXX