Tuesday, December 20, 2022

But Sunny!

 It's so cold. I just drove home from DS's house an hour ago and my car thermometer said that it was 8 degrees. No wonder my feet were freezing. But I had a sunny, blue sky drive home from Milwaukee where I picked up DD right on time and brought her home with me. It had snowed a little overnight so I even got to shovel the driveway when we got here. Yippee.



This little Sparrow visited the feeder this afternoon. It kept looking around like it was expecting its buddies to show up but only a pair of squirrels came.


Yesterday's daily art page said to "add patterns to the socks." So I pulled out my colored pencils and got busy. I wasn't very creative at first, only adding stripes or a colored cuff, heel, and toe, but then I drew other things on the sock blanks, like kittens or sunshine or grapes.

 


The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Quail. It turned out okay. I'm kind of happy with the feet.

 

That's all I've got today. We got to spend the evening with the small people which is always fun. DD and I plan to tour the new Hy-Vee grocery store tomorrow and then go to her favorite candy store. Both should be dangerous to our waistlines and our pocketbooks.

--Barbara



1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

So glad DD is up there with no travel problems. Just forget your diet while she's with you. Have fun together ❤️.