Sunday, December 25, 2022

It's Been Christmas

All day it's been Christmas around here. I set my alarm so I'd be up whenever DD and her family decided it was time to come to open gifts. SIL1 made scrambled eggs for breakfast after the stockings were opened. The eggs were delicious, cheesy and herbed and done just right. After breakfast we opened the gifts of which there were many. I got the gift I was hoping for--it's a zippered holder for colored pencils that holds almost all of my colored pencils. It has four double pages like this. Very cool! Everyone seemed to love the gifts they got. It was a happy, messy time.



My other gifts were small things, a tin filled with ink cartridges for my fountain pen, an IM picture 2023 calendar, a soap dish and some fancy smelling soap, and last but certainly not least, a donation made in my name to World Central Kitchen for Ukraine.


A squirrel finally came out of hiding since the wind died down overnight and burrowed into the snow looking for fallen seed.



And a Junco was hopping around under the birdbath looking for I don't know what. Certainly not the rabbit raisins that are all over out there.


After my shower and some lunch I sat down to draw a little. From How To Draw People I picked out Santa and a Singer.



From Dr. Seuss's Book of Animals, I drew a Maizy bird and a cow.


 

We went over to DS's house for supper and gift exchanging. IM was shy for a while but he warmed up and eventually played with LC and OJ. He especially liked Porter the dog. We had yummy tacos for supper with queso, Caesar salad, and chocolate birthday cake for dessert. 

Tomorrow morning early DD, SIL1, and IM will start back to Kentucky. The weather is supposed to be okay for driving, no big storms to dodge on the way home. I'm so glad that they came.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas 🎄. Ours was very quiet but after all the uproar in our life since the hurricane , that suited us fine. I'm so glad you had time with all the family together ❤️ 💕.