Wednesday, December 28, 2022

My Weather App Said Sunny

But the sun never appeared. However it did warm up to 37 degrees by sundown which meant that the majority of the birdbath iceberg melted and the big icicle that IM was so in love with fell off. Just a few days ago it was so cold that it barely got above zero throughout the day and the wind was blowing a gale. It may rain tomorrow. Rain! I can't even...



A couple Sparrows visited the feeder this afternoon but none of their buddies came and a couple squirrels stopped by to make sure that they'd gotten every peanut from the wreath but I didn't manage to snap a picture.


I texted DD to tell her that SIL1 left his cold germs behind when they went home on Monday and she offered to Door Dash me some chicken soup. I thanked her but made my own cauldron of Egg Drop Soup. I had all the ingredients needed and a few chicken drumsticks in the freezer so I thawed them out and added them for some protein. I ladled out a bit to taste. It's good.



On the next page of Sketching there was a Christmas tree, an Easter Egg, and a couple other holiday icons that I didn't draw. Instead I drew a happy mug of hot chocolate and a fast food soda cup in a bad mood.


I picked out the astronaut and Native American from the spread in How to Draw People. I like drawing these people. I'll be sad when I've drawn them all.


So far Zicam and Afrin are doing a pretty good job of holding the cold germs at bay. My nose is runny but my sore throat isn't so sore anymore. I've been sucking on Halls honey lemon drops which helps too.

I went out and scraped some of the leftover snow off the driveway this morning. It was compressed and came apart in chunks. I confess that I didn't clear it all the way to the street. Maybe I'll go out and take another run at it tomorrow. If it isn't raining, that is. Weird weather.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

If it rains, maybe that will wash away the remaining snow on your driveway. You shouldn't be out there shoveling snow if you're trying to fight off a cold.