Saturday, April 3, 2021

Yard-age

It was an absolutely gorgeous day today--sunny and 68 degrees--so, after I took a walk, I prowled around the yard to find things that are coming up.  The most enthusiastic are the poppies.  These are on the west side of the house where there are two clumps with a few iris blades on the edges.  So poppies and iris on the way!



Something is sprouting on top of the retaining wall.  A couple somethings but this is the most advanced.  I think this is some kind of lily or maybe it's French iris but whatever it is I'm happy to see it.


I looked up in time to see a Flicker in the backyard.  I was lucky to see it as it's very well camouflaged.  I'm not sure what it was looking for in the grass, maybe bugs, but it stayed for a very short time and then flew off with a flash of the white flick of its tail.



 

For the last few days I've been trying to get a picture of a Chickadee.  Today I managed it.  This little guy was having a dip in the birdbath when I captured this shot.


 

Today's toss was three little spoolies which are tiny dolls made with miniature spools, wooden balls, and scraps of cotton fabric.  Mom made them and I don't know what to do with them.   Maybe someone at Goodwill will adopt them.

The prompt today asked what gives you joy.  I fell back on the trite but true and said my children and grandchildren.  Knowing that they want to spend time with me fills me with joy.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Nice to read you had a real Spring day -- with temperature in the sixties, flowers popping up all over the place and visiting birds. Having you posting this blog every day brings me joy. You're definitely on my "Joy" list!!