Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Daffodils

 All of the varieties of daffodil are blooming.  We have the traditional all-yellow with a yellow trumpet in the center...



... and the white with the yellow petals instead of a trumpet.




In the backyard under the lilac bush the blue squills are up and blooming.  They were supposed to spread like wildfire when I planted them twenty-five years ago (or so) and they've spread a bit but I don't have the carpet of blue that I was hoping for.



 

I was lucky to catch this Goldfinch that landed on the round feeder for just a few seconds.  It pecked at the seed and then zoomed off.


 

 

 Up on top of the retaining wall the sedum is just starting to sprout.


 


At knitting guild social knitting tonight I finished April Preemie Hat #1.  I was afraid that I'd run out of yarn before I got to the crown but I made it with a little yarn to spare.  Whew.


Today's toss was another fleece jacket that looks like it'd fit on a linebacker.  I never thought that I was that big but I guess I was.  I'm smaller now, thank heavens.

The prompt today said you can spend the day with anyone in the world.  Who would you choose and where would you go?  I've been missing Durwood lately so I chose him.  We'd go to Bonaire, stay in the orange bungalow at Happy Holiday Homes, and go diving.  He'd cook and I'd drive and we'd spend time together talking and laughing.  That's what I would do.

In laptop news, I don't have any viruses that would be causing Word to flicker and they didn't know why.  I'm afraid that it's going to crash and take my writing with it.  I also found out that it would cost $200 for them to fix the space bar that doesn't always work when I press it so I'm getting a new laptop.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Can't decide which daffodil I like best. Both are so pretty. All the blooming flowers are just beautiful. I hate it that you have to buy a new laptop but sounds like the time has come.