Sunday, April 18, 2021

Missed It

I was making my lunch when I looked out the window and saw a Red-Bellied Woodpecker at the suet pellets.  I crept over to the camera, not making any fast movements, and slowly lifted it--only to have the danged bird fly off.  Man.  I'll see if I can find a picture from another day to put on here.



I went out to look at the poppies, to see if any buds are popping up yet.  They're not but I need to go out this week when the weather cooperates and cut down last year's stalks so that this year's flowers can shine.


The forsythia is still blooming.  I remembered how to use the manual focus on my camera so I could zoom into a single flower.  I like the green twigs and the little buds too.



I spent the afternoon working on Better Than Mom's, adding in the scenes that I wrote before and writing a new one to slot in.  I'm up to 60k words, only 20k more to go.  Sheesh.  I hope I can find that much more to say about this story.

 

In the evening I knitted on the Purples Sock getting through the next color change.  This yarn is so thin that it takes forever to get anywhere.  I lose hope after about an inch and have to stop for a while.  I like the yarn colors though.


Today's toss was another few Dress no. 1s.  I didn't realize that I had made so many of them.  Guess I went a little overboard because there are still some left to toss but I'm rationing them.

The prompt today asked what would have happened if you'd changed a key decision in your life.  Would you be happier?  More successful?  I tried to imagine my life if I'd listened to Mom and dumped Durwood when we were dating.  First I wouldn't have my wonderful children and grandchildren.  That wouldn't make me happier.  I probably wouldn't have learned to SCUBA dive or traveled all over the world.  That wouldn't make me happier.  I'd probably have married a millwright or an insurance salesman or a realtor and still been working instead of being happily retired.  Nope, don't regret that decision at all.

I went out for a walk this afternoon and it was cold and windy.  I didn't have on enough coat so I just walked around the little block and came home to get out of the wind.  And it's supposed to get colder and maybe rain or snow this week.  Oh goodie.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'll take that "leftover" picture of the woodpecker and applaud your efforts to get a live shot yesterday. Sometimes the subject matter refuses to cooperate. I hope you don't get any more snow. That forsythia means Spring!