Sunday, April 25, 2021

Spring Flowers

It was sunny today with a sharp chilly wind so I didn't spend much time outside.  I did go out to document the newest spring tulip.  The pink one opened today.  One of the pink ones, I should say.  I don't know how I managed to get pink tulips as pink is not one of my favorite colors but there it is.



I got a good look down into the orange tulip while I bent over to snap the pink one's picture and thought it was an interesting angle.



Tucked into a bush is one of the last blooming daffodils.  I like this one with the short center trumpet and the orange and white colors.


 

 


This Mourning Dove spent some time perched on the edge of the birdbath this morning cooing away all by itself.  Usually there are two or three of them together but today this one made a solo visit.


 

I spent most of the afternoon cutting and pasting the scenes of the Better Than Mom's manuscript pages.  I got the scenes shifted on the computer and then cut and pasted them in hard copy so that now the manuscript is in order.  Or at least it makes more sense.  Now I can put my creativity toward filling in the gaps and fluffing up the story.  The last part is thin and needs more meat.  I don't have a deadline so I can take my time and do a decent job.


Today's toss was some yukky yarn.  I tried knitting toe socks with that yarn but it just doesn't feel nice no matter what I do to it so off with it.

The prompt today asked what a dog would say if it could talk.  Since I don't have the pet gene that was a bit of a challenge.  Woof, for starters.  Then pet me!  Feed me!  Walk me!  Do you like dogs?  Ooh, look a squirrel.  Pet me!  You smell good.  That's all I could think of.  My imaginary dog isn't very cerebral.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You have such a nice variety of daffodils. Hate to see them give up the ghost but they did their part to announce Spring. Tulips next! Glad you're getting Better Than Mom's in proper order. I hope we see it in hardback on Amazon some day. Remember the story of why dogs smell each other's butts? I think that was one of Daddy's tall tales. You could make a dog conversation out of that.