Thursday, April 8, 2021

Another One

One more variety of daffodil bloomed overnight.  It's another one with white petals and yellow center but it's a little different from the one I posted last night.



Back on top of the retaining wall all of the lilies and iris are coming up.  I thought I'd planted them with a plan but evidently the landscaper didn't go along with it.  I'm sure that the black-eyed susans will fill in some of the empty spots but I can't remember what else he planted back there.  It'll be a surprise.


I can't decide if the Robin that keeps coming to bathe is the same one or a string of them.  This one today was very thorough.  You can see by the state of its breast that it was an energetic bathing.  I love watching them even though they splash out at least half of the water every day.



I went over to Zambaldi to visit DS today.  He was drawing off yeast from a batch of beer.  I thought it looked like melted Silly Putty and it smelled like burnt rubber.  He said that yeast always looks and smells like that.  He was planning to transfer some of the beer into those wooden barrels that are standing next to him.  He said that bourbon barrel aged beer is really popular so he'll have it ready around July 4.


I cast on another sock this afternoon.  I love that Crazy Zauberball yarn.  The colors are rich and I like the way they are plied together so that they blend from one shade to the next.



We've had a week of summer weather so the grass has suddenly turned green.  This little chipmunk is very diligent about seeking the fallen seeds under the platform feeder.  The weather people keep threatening us with rain and we've had thunder but if it's rained I haven't noticed.  I always feel like if it's going to be cloudy and overcast the least it could do is rain and get it over with but no, the clouds just mope across the sky leaving us dreary and dry.  And we need rain.  Fire danger is high.  And the temperature is supposed to go from the high 60s and low 70s back to the low 50s and high 40s, more seasonal. 


I didn't find anything to toss today.  I spent part of the afternoon looking through writing books for anything interesting to inspire my writing.  I might have found a few things.

The prompt today asked what you wanted to be when you were a kid and asked you to write a job ad.  Then it asked if you'd apply for the job today.  I wanted to be a cartographer when I was a kid.  I've always loved maps but never pursued the thought.  I wrote an ad but wouldn't apply because I don't have the qualifications.

I've really been struggling with crunchy, salty things lately, ice cream too.  I don't know if it's spring fever or just boredom with being "good."  It's time for another bout of Investment Cooking, maybe that will help get me back on track.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

So much going on in your backyard. That robin looks really fuzzy -- but very clean. They seem to be very diligent about bathing. Their mothers raised them right! Bourbon aged beer sounds interesting. He does come up with a variety of flavors. No wonder Zambaldi is going so well.