Wednesday, April 28, 2021

The Last Daffodil

I think this is the last daffodil.  The rest are all fading and scrunched up but this one is still out there looking beautiful and springy, nodding in the breeze.  



You know how bulbs are supposed to increase?  Make more so that you end up with many of the same color in the same place?  Well, the pink tulip has done that.  I'm not a big pink fan.  The orange tulip has not.  I could have a whole bed of these orange tulips.  Life just isn't fair and, no, it didn't take me over 69 years to learn that fact.  I just thought I'd remind us all and I do like to complain.



The Robin was back at the birdbath today and more than once.  Evidently this was a very dirty bird.


 


I made a shirt.  I went downstairs this afternoon and sewed up the red linen Shirt no.1 that I cut out yesterday.  I went down two sizes in the pattern and it fits just right.  Two more are cut out and ready to be sewn.  One of these days it'll be warm enough to wear it.



I finished the latest cast sock.  I like this yarn.


Today's toss was some old jars of spaghetti sauce.  One of them had discolored so there was no saving them.  Down the garbage disposal they went and I recycled the jars.

The prompt today said to think about a book I've read more than once.  What makes me reread it?  I reread the Longmire books by Craig Johnson because I like the characters, scenery, and the voice of the narrator.  I've reread The Boy, the Mole, the Fox, and the Horse at least once a week since I got it and get something different from it each time.  It makes me feel.

I went to Zambaldi today to watch DS brewing and cleaning.  I took a nice picture of him at the brewing vat and tried emailing it to myself but for some reason it never came.  It'll probably be in my inbox tomorrow.  I dislike when things that used to happen don't and I don't know why.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Cute top. I knew you'd make the red one first. How about a TV show you've re-watched? I could say, without giving it a thought, "Law and Order!" I can almost recite the dialog in some of them. So glad you're enjoying "The Boy, the Mole....." It's definitely worth re-reading.