Thursday, April 1, 2021

Bulbs & Birds

I spied another little clump of hyacinths just starting to bloom today.  They're kind of hard to see but, trust me, there are flowers in these leaves.



We've had a couple days of temps in the 30s even though the sun shines bright and warm so it makes sense that the Juncos are still here, pecking around in the seed that the Sparrows toss down from the feeder.  LC and I took a walk this morning and nearly froze ourselves.  We cut our walk short because we were shivering in the sharp wind even in our winter coats and hats.


This House Finch posed for me in the bright sunshine but the bright pink of its head and breast got lost in the glare.  Dang it.



This afternoon I made the latest art assignment.  The theme was Constructed Landscape so I got out some supplies and made a fairy door to stick to the garden timber.  The idea is to not have the construct be the focus but a surprise in the picture.  I'm never sure if I'm doing this stuff right but I suspect that there's no real "right" about art.


Today's toss was an old lace doily.  Doilies are so old fashioned.

I didn't do the prompt today.  I'll do two tomorrow.

--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt B said...

That little fairy door is too cute. And definitely a surprise. When I was a little girl, I was sure fairies lived beneath that giant evergreen in our front yard on Cave Avenue. It was a perfect spot for fairies - dark and cool and lilies of the valley blooming. I can see it in my mind's eye right this minute.

Barbara B. said...

Love the fairy door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Barbara