Sunday, April 4, 2021

Spring Bouquet

 Oh, I didn't pick any flowers but one clump of bulbs looks like a bouquet.  It's mini hyacinths and squills.  I don't remember planting any of those but I'm happy that they come up together every spring



Another clump of daffodils started to open today too.  It's right in front of the earliest blooming hyacinths in the corner by the porch.



This Robin had a very thorough bath today.  When it and one of the Starlings gets into the birdbath together they can really lower the water level.  Both of them flail around and splash water out left and right.


I didn't do anything special for Easter.  I texted friends and called Aunt B, Lala called me, but mostly I kept working on the Better Than Mom's manuscript and found a few places where I can insert additional scenes.  Hooray!  Just what I was hoping I'd find.



Because the weather was so nice again today I fired up the grill and cooked a few chicken Italian sausages for supper.  Well, one for tonight's supper with three more in reserve.  Maybe next weekend I'll grill some chicken.  It's almost time for more Investment Cooking so maybe I can figure out some grilled meat dishes that I can cook up and freeze.

 

Sunset was pretty tonight and unfortunately smack dab behind a big pine tree.  I tried walking to the side to get a better view but that put me right behind another big pine tree.  Trust me, it was pretty. This is the best I could do.


Today's toss was another freezer burned bag of whole tomatoes that was going to be sauce if I'd ever gotten to it before the tomatoes went bad.

The prompt today was you come home to find someone had broken in and taken everything.  What do you do?  Well, first call the police, then my kids and friends just to whine, then my broker to free up some cash so I could replace some of the things.  The creepy part is I ended up thinking about preparing for the time when I'll need to move to assisted living or a nursing home and gauging what I'd replace from that perspective.  Eesh.  Not in my immediate future.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I love the still-in-the-ground bouquets -- and that very vigorous robin! Even the sunset behind the pine tree. Great pictures of Springtime in GB. Your prompt made me think of a time we came home from a weekend away and found a squirrel in the house. What an adventure that was!! Assisted living in your near future??? No way! Great talking with you yesterday. Thanks for the call.