Tuesday, April 27, 2021

One Robin, Maybe Two

I had a hell of a time falling asleep last night.  I hate that.  I spent the evening yawning, feeling like I could fall asleep at the drop of an eyelid, then when I climbed under the covers, my eyes slammed open, and I lay there.  I shifted from one side to the other, guaranteed sleep positions, no luck.  Thought about getting up, decided to power through.  I got into bed just before 10:30 and didn't hear the clock chime 12:30.  *sigh* Probably explains why I slept until 9 o'clock this morning.

One of the robins had a luxurious bath this afternoon.  It flapped and splashed, enjoying the heck out of the experience.



Then when it was dry (I think it was the same bird) it attacked the suet cakes.  At one point it managed to cling to the perch on the side of the feeder but most of the time it flew up and tried to hover while it pecked at the edge of the cake.



I spent time this afternoon cutting out the three shirts I bought fabric for last week but didn't manage to take a picture.  Imagine me crawling around on the floor, pinning pattern pieces to fabric, and cutting them out.  Maybe I'll get one sewed up tomorrow.  It hasn't been warm enough to wear them so I haven't been in a hurry to get them done.  It was supposed to be in the 70s today but it barely got into the 50s.  Rats.

Today's toss was a few more dresses.  I told you that I made a lot of them and I still have a few more to get rid of.

The prompt today said that an alien spaceship landed in your yard.  You go onboard to see that its destination is Utopia.  Do you go along or stay on Earth?  I'm staying.  I've read 1984 and Brave New World.  What was supposed to be Utopia didn't turn out to be.  I'll take my chances with the flawed and familiar Earthlings.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I would not sign on for a trip to Utopia either. Taking a trip anywhere is not on my bucket list. But if I did go somewhere, it would be Indiantown. How's that for a substitute for Utopia? Love the picture of the very vigorous robin.