Monday, April 26, 2021

A Couple Birds

Today wasn't a great day, weather-wise.  It was cold and windy and drizzly.  Yuk.  In the morning my neighbor called to say that he would be servicing lawnmowers today rather than tomorrow (not golfing today, he said) so would I please roll mine up there.  I did that and stood chatting for a few minutes.  It's so great to be vaccinated talking to another vaccinated person and not having to eye-measure six feet.


I looked up to see the Downy Woodpecker on the birdbath getting a drink so I hurried carefully to get the camera up, only to see him fly away.  Dang it.  But then he came back to the suet cakes for a little peck.



Late in the day a Chickadee came to get a drink and stayed long enough for a photo.  One of these days I'm going to be patient enough to sit out there with a cup of birdseed and see if I can't get one to come eat from my hand.  I saw in a magazine that you can buy a mannequin with an outstretched hand so that you don't have to do all the waiting yourself.  Talk about lazy!  I see that my tenant has put up a crook with a few feeders on it so I"ve got competition right next door.  Guess I'll have to up my birdseed game.


The other day I got an email from the Knitting Guild prez forwarding a message from a local yarn shop.  A lady wanted to donate her library of knitting books and, since I'm the guild librarian, it got passed on to me.  So I called the lady and she said she had "some books."  I arranged to pick them up this morning.  "Some" is an understatement.  There have to be at least 40 of them.  Look at all these bags!  They'll stay shoved into the corner of my guest room until we can get access to the library cart whenever the Lutheran church will let us back into the building, hopefully in the fall.


I didn't toss anything today.

The prompt today said that you're accused of a crime you didn't commit.  How do you convince the police?  I figure that I'm doomed.  I'm retired so I don't have coworkers.  I live alone so I don't have a spouse or housemate to alibi me.  And my mom is deceased so she can't vouch for me.  My only hope is that there's security video of the scene of the crime and I can prove that isn't me.  If the criminal isn't wearing a red coat or red shoes, it isn't me.

I got to pick LC up from school today and spend a couple hours playing with her.  Sheer heaven!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That is quite some library of knitting books! Everything in the world of knitting must be covered in all those. You accused of a crime? Never!!! But you know I'd alibi you any time.