Friday, April 2, 2021

Still Have Crocuses

As long as this clump of crocuses keeps blooming  I'll keep taking its picture and sharing it with you.  The golden yellow is so cheerful I can't help myself.



More of the daffodils are opening or almost opening.  Soon there'll be enough that I can pick a bouquet of them.  I was tempted by a clutch of tulips at the grocery this afternoon but I resisted.  I bought grapes instead.


The Downy Woodpecker was back at the feeder today and I even managed to get a bit of the red swipe at the back of his head.



I didn't have anything to knit tonight at Friday Night Knitting so I went downstairs to find a skein of dishcloth cotton and cast on a double thick washcloth.  I found a goof way at the beginning but since it's for me and it's just a washcloth I'm leaving it.  I'd have to frog it all the way back to the boo boo to fix it and I'm not doing that.


Today's toss was a jar of foreign coins I found in a box downstairs.  I don't think they're worth anything and I imagine some kid will get a kick out of them at Goodwill.

The prompt today asked what gives you joy.  My children and grandchildren give me joy.  I miss them when I don't see them or hear from them and now I understand Mom's wish that we all lived in a compound so that she would have us all around her all the time.  Now I get it.

I spent most of the day doing laundry.  What a thankless chore that is.  You get it all clean and folded and in not too much time you have to do it all over again.  *sigh*

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your description of laundry would define all housework. But someone's gotta do it!! That bunch of yellow crocus is like a little ball of sunshine. I love it too.