Thursday, April 29, 2021

I'm Not Quick

 I'm not a quick knitter, not even with big yarn and big needles.  One of the guild members has been knitting the Perky Little Hat pattern and I liked the way it looked so I bought the pattern and cast on this evening.  I'm about halfway in the time it takes her to make one from start to finish.  My fingers just don't go that fast, I guess.



After doing my morning stuff I went downstairs to start sewing the next Shirt no.1.  This one is linen too but it's orange and white print.  I could have sworn in the store that it was red but in natural light it's orange, red-orange, but orange.  I don't mind.  I like orange.  All that's left to do is hem the sleeves and the bottom.  I had my sewing machine in for service and got it back last week so it was good that I sewed on it except that there's something wrong with the tension (maybe) because every once in a while there are loops of thread on the bobbin side which means that it's pulling the thread from the spool wrong.  Arrgh!  So I'm back sewing on my old faithful Necchi which I have had for 50 years (I just realized) and have very little trouble with it.  I don't want to have to take my newer machine back in but I probably should.  Putting it in time out won't fix the problem.


The tulips back on top of the retaining wall are starting to bloom.  I didn't plant them, maybe DS did when he lived here, but I'm glad to see them.


I didn't toss or write anything today.  Instead I spent the afternoon with LC.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Time well spent if it was with one of your favorite helpers. It makes me glad to read they're back in your every-day life.