Saturday, April 10, 2021

It Probably Doesn't Look New


But this blog post is being written on my new laptop.  That's right it came three days early, the tech guy got it fired up, transferred some of my things from the old to the new, and now it's here at home with me.  I think I like it.  The space bar puts in a space when I hit it, the O and the Y work when pressed, it's amazing.  I did have a moment of panic when I tried to find my digital photos and all my writing on the C drive.  Seems the tech guy arranges his files differently so he moved the few things that I put where he puts his stuff but not the bajillion files and photos that I have.  So I've spent the afternoon and evening copying files and photos to a USB drive and moving them to the new computer from the old one.  At least I've started the process.  It will continue tomorrow and probably into next week although next week is an Investment Cooking week so I have to be doing that too.  Busy busy.


We were supposed to have rain all afternoon and didn't, but I think it's drizzling now.  We really need rain.

 


This Robin was asserting his territory while a female sat on the grass looking up at him.  He was singing away but I don't think she was impressed.  She flew off and he flew after her.




Today's toss was Mother Malcolm's auxiliary jewelry box.  I sorted through it and most of it had broken clasps or was clip earrings.  Nothing sentimental or valuable so off it goes.

The prompt today said that you're sitting in a lodge and the view is of snowy mountains.  Do you stay in the lodge or go adventuring?  I said I'd stay in the lodge because a snowy mountain makes me think of icy roads, slipping tires, and poor visibility.  I volunteered to have hot chocolate and homemade soup ready when the adventurers returned.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm impressed with all that stuff you can do to transfer files, pictures, etc. from one computer to another. I know you'll have it all in place eventually. Nice shot of the singing robin. I appreciate him even if his girlfriend didn't! Thanks.