Friday, April 9, 2021

More Signs of Spring

It was overcast and breezy today and it even rained a bit in the afternoon.  I notice a spot of bright yellow in the backyard so I went out with the camera and look what I found.  A dandelion!  Durwood would have popped that flower off in a minute but I'm happy to see even a dandelion.  Did you know that the name means "lion's tooth" in French?  Because of the jagged leaves.



Another sign that spring is here is the flowers on the forsythia.  I was afraid that it wouldn't bloom this spring because the landscaper I had do fall cleanup really trimmed it but there are a few little yellow blossoms on the twigs.  Now I have to hope that the lilac blooms after its haircut too.



The rhubarb is going great guns.  Look at how dark green the leaves are.  Pretty!


Today's toss was a light knit jacket.  Guess it's time to go shopping for a couple jackets since I've given away three of them this week.  Or maybe I'll just make do with the ones that are left that sorta fit.

The prompt today asked what I know and what I don't know.  That unleashed a page and a half of rambling with the subject ranging from writing to religion.  And I forgot that April is Poetry Month.  I'll see if I can find a list of prompts tomorrow.  Maybe writing poetry will spark my writing mojo.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm celebrating that dandelion too. They may be weeds to some but they count as a flower to me. Spring is definitely in the air in Green Bay!