Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Writing Day

It was another beautiful warm day, hot almost.  It got up to 75 degrees again today, partly sunny with a little breeze.  I spent quite a bit of it at my desk working edits into a manuscript and finding places to insert new scenes.  It's very satisfying when ideas occur.



 

The day started with a little thunderstorm without lightning but with about 15 minutes of nice rain.  I liked the line of drops on the edge of the platform feeder.


 

All of the bulbs are showing off.  The daffodils are a-bloom with three different styles of blossoms.  This one is the only one that cooperated by facing the camera.  The others drooped and averted their faces and I was not about to prostrate myself in the damp grass to get a head-on shot.



I think this clump of hyacinths looks like a bouquet.  It smells good too.



Yesterday I noticed that there are leaves emerging on the honeysuckle...



... and the rhubarb is up.  Maybe this year I'll actually bake a pie with it.



Today's toss was a fleece jacket that is waaaay too big.  I don't know why I thought it'd still fit but I slipped it on and, nope, doesn't fit.  Not even close.

The prompt today asked about emotions on a summer day.  Oh, pleasure in the warmth, happy in the sunshine, fragrance of flowers.  The usual.  Ho-hum.

My laptop was acting up when I was writing this afternoon so I went to Office Max for ink and to look at new laptops.  I lucked out and the guy who offered to help me find ink (which I already had in my hands) turned out to be the tech guy.  He said that I should bring my laptop in and he'd give it a look see and tell me whether I need a new one or just service.  I'll do that tomorrow.  I'm so glad that I've had both vaccine shots so my mask and I can confidently go to the store and get this taken care of.  I'd freak out if my computer crashed.  How would I blog?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Don't even think about your computer crashing. I'd freak out too! That spring bouquet of hyacinths and daffodils is so pretty. Even the rhubarb peeking out through the mulch looks pretty. I see a pie in your future.