Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Back to Chilly

Two weeks ago it was 75 degrees.  Today I don't think it got up to 40 degrees.  I wore a fleece jacket when I went out and should have worn my winter coat.  At least it didn't rain--or snow.


This Robin spent a long time sitting on the Adirondack chair today staring at the suet cake feeder.  This is the bird that flies up to peck at the suet and sometimes perches on the side of the feeder to have a better reach.  The feeder was empty so I took its behavior as a hint to get out there and fill it up.



I spent most of the afternoon reading the Better Than Mom's manuscript on the Kindle, again.  I like to email my manuscripts to the Kindle because then it's more like reading a "real" book and it's easier to edit it.  Now that I slotted in all of the scenes I had been writing to extend the story it needs another read-through and the pad started filling up with more notes.  I'm hoping to find more places to put more scenes.  I have some backstory I'd like to slide in there.  Maybe I'll find a place for that too.



Today's toss was another pair of denim capris.

The prompt today said to write a poem to your first love.  Blue eyes meeting brown eyes, sparks flew, love grew.  Very sappy.

Today OJ turned five years old.  I can't fathom where the time has gone.  That means that it's been five years since I broke my ankle, it's been two and a half years since Durwood died, and it has been fourteen months since the family sat down for a meal together.  Pizza and chocolate cake.  The perfect birthday meal.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Belated Happy Birthday to OJ. Today Leo (Paul's GS) turned 13. Where indeed do the years go? That picture of the robin looks like a painting. You are an artist with the camera. We had torrential rain here yesterday .... and I was out in it!!! Doctor appointment; I felt like I risked my life driving home. Scary. But I lived to tell the tale.