Monday, February 28, 2022

Bok! Bok! Bok!

I'm on egg duty for a couple days this week so I went over to DS's house this afternoon and there was a beautiful brown egg in the wood shavings for me. Now if there's another one tomorrow I can make myself a Grandma Angermeier fried egg sandwich for supper tomorrow night. Fingers crossed. 



Today's drawing is goofy. It's supposed to be a Glorious Grin but I think it isn't very glorious, just silly looking. He doesn't have any lips or teeth or eyes. Don't you think a grin needs teeth? But I'm only good at copying so copy I did.


There are four buds on the Christmas cactus! I keep watering the plant and talking nice to the buds hoping that they all decide to bloom. Even two would be good, doubling my success.


I did ALL the laundry today including two loads of sheets. Man, I hate wrestling with folding king size sheets without dragging the clean sheets on the dirty basement floor but I managed it. I didn't realize how long it had been since I did the wash. I'm wearing my last clean pair of socks. Guess who'll be folding laundry tomorrow morning.

I went over to Michaels for picture frames for the grandkids' school photos and managed to find some colors of brush markers that I NEEDED and a set of colored pencils and pastels that were on sale. Plus I had a 20% off coupon and a $10 voucher. Score!

 


But the biggest score was seeing the flavor of the day when I drove past Culver's--Midnight Toffee--which is dark chocolate custard with toffee pieces. Oh yeah, my favorite. I swung in and bought 2 pints and immediately portioned them out when I got home so I wasn't tempted to eat one of the pints standing at the counter. Well, I was tempted but I resisted and had one of the 8 portions after supper. 


After having not one item on my gratitude journal last last night I managed to dredge up six items today.


Today's toss was more burp rags. How many of those did I have anyway?

DD called this afternoon to tell me that she tested positive. She doesn't know if she had it when she was here, picked it up here, or got it on the way home. Geez. So I tested myself and it was negative. I'll test again in a day or two. I'm getting so tired of this. Everyone is. I'm still glad that she came.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Agreed. So tired of Covid but still glad DD came and got home safe and that you're negative. Nice "home-grown" egg. Fingers crossed for another one today. More experienced electrician came yesterday and fixed our problem. Number one on my gratitude list!