Monday, February 14, 2022

Taco Anyone?

I turned to the next page in the new drawing book I got at Michaels and it was a taco. In color. I was a little intimidated but I plunged in and managed a halfway decent drawing. It's a good thing I have the watercolor pencils because my little Crayola set of colored pencils doesn't have the range of colors that the watercolor ones do.



Then I opened the 3-D book and saw that the next figure was a gingerbread man. He was fun and easy to draw.


I decided to try painting plants over the brush marks on one of the pages of my sketchbook and managed a single plant with leaves that I painted like I'd drawn them. I can't make a leaf with a single brush stroke to save my life. Gotta practice more.



There was a Cardinal on the platform feeder when I opened the drapes this morning. He deigned to pose for me and then flitted off. I thought it was appropriate to have a red bird at the feeder on Valentine's Day.


The gratitude journal page for today was another one where I started out big and ended up squeezing in the last items. I've gotta learn to plan my layout better.



Even though the sky was mostly cloudy the sun managed to poke itself through enough to make a pretty colored sunset.

 

Tonight I got halfway through knitting the heel of the Zauber Sock. Next I'll use the two needles on the right to finish the heel cup before going back and continuing to knit the sock in the round. Making socks is an adventure in yarn architecture. I find it fascinating.


Today's toss was a bag of slimy cilantro that was lurking under a bag of carrots in the crisper drawer. Ugh.

I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day. I got texts from my children and some friends, spent the day in red shoes and a red sweater, and went to ALDI for red grapes and chocolate ice cream. It was a good day. The sun shone for part of the day and it got up to 19 degrees. Cold but better than single digits.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your taco could appear in a Taco Bell ad. And that gingerbread man is too cute. We're shivering this morning but nothing like we'd be doing up your way. So no complaints! Glad you had a red Valentine's Day.