Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Just Dangling

All the wildlife that I saw today was this squirrel dangling from the suet pellet feeder. It got up to 39 degrees today but it was overcast for most of the day. A couple times in the afternoon the sun managed to peek out for a few minutes but today was mostly dreary.



I had the idea to paint a big geometric fish and use another of the color palettes that I made up using old photographs but I think that I should have diluted the yellow a bit or tootsed up the green that I used for the fins. The color values don't match very well. I like the fish, though.


I drew the next lesson in the Draw Squad book then called up the next lesson in the 30 Minutes book on the Kindle and drew a pair of lips and some cylinders with contour lines. I know it's good practice but the contour lines look weird, I think.



My list of things I was grateful for today started slowly. It's hard trying to draw a bowl of noodles and the dishwasher was a challenge too.


I'm addicted to ordering art supplies online. Today I got a package from Michaels with some brush pens in different colors. The set that I ordered before has all bright colors so I needed, really needed, some more neutral colors. They came today. Also a few watercolor sketchbooks with thicker paper that won't buckle as badly came too.

 

I didn't toss anything today, I just wasn't in the mood to go rooting around to find something.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You aren't the only one addicted to shopping on line. Amazon is my go-to place when I'm bored. That or eBay or Etsy. Always find something I "need." I see lots of color in your future with all those markers.