Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Forty-Five Degrees!

That's how warm it was today. I ran an errand and only wore a vest over my hoodie and was perfectly comfortable. Evidently the birds were visiting another person's feeders because I didn't see any today. No birds and only one squirrel at the cob corn and I didn't get a picture.


I got brave this morning, opened the easiest-seeming watercolor book, and made a painting. It's not great but it isn't bad. I was sure it was going to look like the dog's dinner while I was painting it but once it was done and dry I decided that it isn't terrible. I'm happy being amateurish.



The figure in the 3-D book today was a gull. I'm not so sure that this bird looks like a gull and it has booties on its feet instead of bird feet but that's what was on the page so that's what I drew.


The only other thing I have to show you is my gratitude journal page where I brag about getting the online Wordle in only 2 guesses. I was very pleased with myself, and I got the app Wordle in 4 guesses. I'm pleased with myself that I figured out that having the app and going online lets me have 2 words to guess a day. I hear that there's a Wordle-like game/app that lets you play as much as you like but I kind of like being limited to only one each per day.


Today's toss was a beard trimmer set that I found in a nightstand drawer. I don't have a beard so I don't need it.

I thought about taking a walk this afternoon until I looked at my street to see that the ice was covered with melt water and looked like a bobsled run. We don't have sidewalks either so there was no way I was going to risk falling. Instead I stood on the porch and inhaled the unfamiliar warmish air.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Springtime in GB!! At least for a day. Your watercolor is outstanding and so is the gull/bird sporting booties. I don't understand Wordle (and I'm not even sure I spelled that right) but glad you're having fun with it.