Friday, February 18, 2022

Whoosh!

 It was windy today. Regular windy for most of the day but then this evening my cellphone rang with a weather alarm saying that we should stop traveling and stay in because a snow squall was on the way. I wasn't sure what that meant but didn't have long to wonder. The wind picked up and it started to snow. It was snowing and blowing so hard that it was difficult to see across the street at times. I took the camera to the front door and took a picture down the block and noticed that I couldn't see the used car lot at the end of the street. You can see the glow of the lights but not the cars like you usually can. It's still blowing up a gale and I can't tell if it's snowing or just blowing the snow around. I'm glad I'm indoors.



One thing that the wind did today was make the wind chimes active. They were a favorite of Durwood's so when I hear them I think of him. That earned them a place on today's gratitude journal page.


Time seemed to get away from me today. I went to the grocery this morning and I'm glad I did. It was only sort of windy, not blow you into Lake Michigan windy. Then I had my Women's Spirit writing group in the afternoon. After that I pulled out the Draw Squad book and drew the next lesson's figures. More space stuff but I managed to get them all drawn before time for Friday Night Knitting.



At knitting I worked on the Zauber Sock foot. I have big feet--size 10--so it's a long knit from the heel to the toe. I've gotta be thinking of what I'll knit next because this sock will be done before the weekend's over and I'm meeting friends at Zambaldi on Sunday to knit and drink beer. I'm kind of getting to like drinking beer. Who'd a thunk it?


Today's toss was a tiny notebook that I used to carry in my purse before I had a cellphone that I could keep notes on and before I started carrying such a small purse. Maybe I should see if LC wants it for writing tiny stories in.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

DS's beer has won you over! So nice that you meet your knitting friends at the brewery. Like your own private and personal spot. That wind sounds fierce. Glad you were indoors.