Saturday, February 19, 2022

A Different Kind of Squall

I was on a Zoom with the Friday Night Knitters when the snow squall warning screeched out of all of our phones. We kept on knitting but I looked on Ravelry (the website for fiber lovers) and found a raft of pattern named some version of Squall and one of the hat patterns was free so I added it to my library. This afternoon I searched my stash for a blue or bluish yarn the right weight and cast on. I sat down around 2 o'clock and didn't get up until after 5 o'clock when I got hungry. I'd have been farther along but I made a booboo and had to rip back eight rounds and start the body pattern over. So I focused on getting the pattern right the second time and stopped there so I have something to knit tomorrow at Zambaldi. I know the yarn's not very blue but it's the best I can do. Blue is not one of my favorite colors.



I knitted through my drawing time so I sat at the table after supper and drew the next figure in the 3-D book. It's a gnome that looks to me like it's part tree. It's better than drawing another rocket or space ship, but it has one of those @$#%& pencils under its arm. Those pencils are my nemesis. I have the devil of a time drawing them and making them look like they're supposed to look. But then "supposed" is also my nemesis, along with "should."


This morning I went out to shovel away the drift that last night's wind and snow left across my driveway. If my neighbor didn't have his pickup truck parked on his side the snow would have kept going to the east but because that wind break was there I had a nice wide drift to shovel. Lucky for me the snow was light and powdery so I was able to shovel it instead of having to run the snowblower and end up with snow in my face since I'd have been blowing it into the wind. It was cold out there and the wind kept blowing into my right ear even though I thought I had it tucked under my hat. It made me have an earache for a while but a mug of WW hot chocolate helped it feel all better.


Today's toss was a couple jars of outdated food that I rarely paid attention to and discovered when I pulled it out to see if it was still good enough to add to a batch of cookies I want to make on Monday, that it was more than a year past its "best by" date. Ugh, rancid nut butter.

I checked the weather and it's supposed to snow Monday night into Tuesday. Tuesday is the day that DD is driving up from the Chicago area. I hope it's a light snow but I know that she'll take her time and be safe.. Still, I worry, but I'm starting to worry too early. I'll wait until it starts snowing to start worrying. I hate being a worry wart. Thanks, Mom.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Great news that DD is coming! But try not to worry. This is advice from one of the world's champion worrier. But mothers probably always worry -- especially about daughters. It seems to be in our DNA.