Friday, February 11, 2022

One Lone Bird

It was a dreary day, warm but dreary. It got up to 39 degrees so last night's snow mostly melted but for most of the day it looked like nearly dusk. I slept late so there were a few birds just leaving the feeders when I opened the drapes but this lone Junco hung around to peck at the snow under the tube feeder looking for seeds.



Even though it was late I didn't shirk my yoga duty. It's only ten poses and only takes about 15 minutes so I feel really guilty if I even contemplate skipping a day.


Instead of painting today I spent some time working on yesterday's watercolor pencil drawing, adding a couple more lily pads, another dragonfly, and foliage in the background. I think it looks more finished.



The second figure in the new drawing book was a piece of cake. No, really, a Piece of Cake. I thought I did a fairly decent job but looking at the photograph of it I see that my lines aren't straight, like a kid cut the slice. Oh well, I can take another run at it later.


I thought I didn't have much for the gratitude page so I started drawing and lettering big and then ended up having to squeeze in the bottom pictures and text.  I'll plan better tomorrow. I was grateful for the heavy snow because I managed to move it.



Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I finally got tired of having my hands ache using those metal knitting needles so I knitted the stitches onto the short bamboo Double Point Needles that I had in my bag and it made all the difference in the world. My speed picked up (a little, I'm never very fast) and my fingers stopped aching. Hopefully the wood circular needles that I ordered come next week so that I can shift to those to compare.


Today's toss was a scrub brush that looks like a rubber ducky. Why did I buy that? What did I plan to do with it? I haven't the foggiest.

I went out to shovel the snow this morning and it was heavy and wet. I had a devil of a time clearing the plow drift at the end of the driveway. The snow was melting and it was so heavy I had to push it rather than lift it. I cleared it as best as I could and hope we get some warmer days to finish the job.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

The junco in the snow looks like one of your drawings. Very arty. I guess being able to shovel that heavy snow does count as a gratitude moment. I certainly couldn't do it. Good for you.