Friday, February 25, 2022

Snowblowing the Street

I thought I was so smart this morning. I went out to shovel the driveway, got the bottom of it done, moved my car out into the street, and finished the driveway. I left my car on the street so that DD could get her car out of the garage when she went to on some errands in the early afternoon. I saw some trucks go by but thought it was the tree guys working across the street. Nope. It was the snowplow and it swung out around my car so that my half of the street was unplowed. D'oh. So this afternoon after my writing group Zoom, that was me out snowblowing the street. I got the big part of it moved and figure the rest will take care of itself when the temps warm up.

There was a lot of bird action at the feeders this morning too. The Sparrows were especially active, flying in one and two at a time until there was a small flock, then all flying away when a Mourning Dove showed up.



The Cardinal pair visited. He stopped on the platform feeder for a few minutes and then went down to the ground under it to investigate. Just after he flew off she arrived and pecked around on the ground before flying off too.


The Christmas cactus has buds on it again. This time there are three of them plumping up. This one looks like it has the best chance of actually blooming. I have hopes that more than one will bloom one of these times. We shall see.



I was intimidated when I saw the next figure in the G section of the 3-D drawing book. It's the Earth held in God's hands. I got the hands okay but the continents eluded me. You can kind of tell what they're supposed to be but I relied on the shading to blur the defects in my drawing.


I finished the Licorice Squall hat tonight at Friday Night Knitting. Tonight I also got to take DD along with me. She had her laptop so I just forwarded the link and she logged on. Other daughters have come, one comes every week, but tonight was the first time I got to show off my beautiful daughter.



I had a lot to be grateful for today. I was especially grateful for the snowblower when I realized that the plow had gone by and swerved around my car. Whew.


Today's toss was a stack of burp cloths that aren't needed anymore. LC and OJ just don't urp up like they used to.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I can't imagine you out there snowblowing the street! Hope it was only partway and that the rising temps do the rest. Nice you got to show off and brag a bit about DD. We mamas love doing that.