Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Another Bird Visitation Day

Three came at once! The Nuthatch, the Chickadee, and the Downy Woodpecker were all here at the same time. In fact I managed to get them all in one frame but you couldn't see any of them very well, so I cropped the photos and cut out the Chickadee. Here's the Nuthatch looking around for a place to find a seed. It flew from the suet pellets to the crook and then to the tube feeder where it landed for a split second before flying off. I was lucky to get this shot of it.



But while I was on the phone cancelling my newspaper subscription (I'm keeping a digital subscription but the paper subscription is getting way too expensive for what you get) the Cardinal made its visit and spent most of the time shoving House Finches and Chickadees off the feeder.


I dipped back into the Draw Squad book for today's drawing page. I'm trying to mix things up so I have something interesting and challenging to draw every day but I'm getting tired of the space shuttles and pencils in this book.



I had to include all of the birds in today's gratitude page and yoga. I'm always grateful when I don't blow off doing yoga which I feel like doing every day but I'd feel guilty if I shirked it when it only takes 12 minutes and is good for me.


Tonight I knitted the second half of the Zauber Sock heel. Now I'm ready to continue knitting around and around (and around) until I get to the toe. It's an odd looking, triangular heel that doesn't look like it would fit a human foot but it's very comfortable and fits perfectly, plus it's easier and less hassle than the usual heel flap, turn, and gusset.


I didn't toss anything today. My excuse is that I was cramming in all the art stuff so that I could pick up my assistants after school for a little visit. OJ and I had a nice draw session for part of the time. LC was tired so she just kibbitzed and played with my knitting counter gadget.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your gratitude journal has inspired me to think of things I'm grateful for. Just thinking that is -- not trying to draw. No one would be grateful for my attempt at art. Maybe I'll make a list. I love making lists.