Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Sunny and Cold

That was today. I went out and shoveled the icy snow off the driveway and it was quite a chore to do by hand but I was afraid that the snowblower wouldn't move the stuff. So I took my time and got the job done.

There were lots of birds at the feeders today. My favorite was the Nuthatch. It landed on the suet pellets, then on the crook, and then on the tube feeder where it finally pecked at some seed before flying off.



For lunch today, DD and I got takeout from our favorite burger place in town, Kroll's. Their cheeseburger is on a hard roll with a pat of butter on the top of the patty. Of course there are onions, pickle, and ketchup too. It was delicious. My mouth thought I could have eaten another one but my stomach said that one was enough.


While DD knitted on her shawl, I did today's drawing. It's out of the 15-Minute Artist book and it's a rainbow lollipop. It wasn't very challenging to draw but I'm especially happy with the way the colored pencil highlights and lowlights make it look round.



 

After drawing I picked up the Zauber Sock and finished the toe.


Then I had to find another something to knit so I grabbed some old yarn that way lying around downstairs and cast on another Squall hat, this time using much smaller needles. To be honest, I think that maybe I've gone down too small and I'm debating whether to rip it out and start again with bigger needles, but not as big as before. Something in the middle.



I had a lot to be grateful for today and had no trouble filling up the page with pictures and words.


Today's toss was a couple key fobs with carabiners on them. Not gonna use them, why keep them. I also found some moose poop incense that DS gave me long ago as a gift. It's real moose poop that is dried and when it burns it smells like pine. I get the most interesting gifts.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your lollipop drawing looks like a photograph -- and I mean that as a compliment. I know drawing is a lot harder than snapping a photo. Well, not a photo of a bird flying from place to place. That's not easy either. You're a woman of many talents. Sounds like you had a very good day.