Thursday, February 24, 2022

Another Cold Day

This time with snow flurries most of the day. It was a weird kind of snow that didn't stick to my car even though it snowed at least a little almost all day. I don't know why. It's very hard to see in this picture but there are big snowflakes zooming around out there.



The only wildlife today was another squirrel on the cob corn. I don't know why it hung around, as far as I could see all of the kernels were off the cobs.


This morning I ripped out the ribbing of the Licorice Squall Hat that I knitted yesterday and started over going up a needle size. It's much better on the bigger needles.I did a lot of knitting today and am up to the pattern rows already.



Drawing today was out of the Draw Squad book. This is not my best work, I think DD and I were talking too much while I was drawing.


We went downstairs this morning to hunt for a baby doll that Mom made for one of my sisters-in-law and never got a chance to dress. My SIL2 called a few weeks ago asking if I had Mom's dolls and could I look for the baby doll that Mom made her. Lo and behold, I found all of the baby dolls in the first box I pulled off the shelf. Two of the dolls were dressed and one was naked. One of the dressed ones belongs to DD so she's taking it home, I took pictures of the others and sent them to SIL2 to find out which one she wanted. She wisely chose the one with the clothes on since she doesn't sew and doesn't know anyone who can make doll clothes. Don't look at me, I barely make people clothes.



I had to stretch to find things to be grateful for today. I'm not grateful for a day-long snow flurry but I am grateful for pizza for supper with DS, DIL1, LC, and OJ at Zambaldi. It was the first time that DD was able to see the place up and running. She saw it a month before it was ready to open and then COVID intervened. Stupid pandemic.


Today's toss was a couple bibs that are no longer needed for visiting grandchildren.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Thinking about you and all the family up there dining on pizza at Zambaldi's. Had to be a wonderful time. But too cold. It's been in the 80's down here! That's almost too warm.