Saturday, February 26, 2022

It Got Quiet

Around noon it got quieter here when DD drove away.. It was so great to have her here even for just a few days. We are determined to see each other more frequently, damn the pandemic.

Early this morning I went out and filled the feeders. It took the squirrels almost all day to notice that the peanut wreath was filled but when they did the free-for-all began. One spent its time gathering up the fallen peanuts and scampering off with them but not this one. It vaulted up from the birdbath and grabbed nuts from the coil of wire.



Today's drawing is out of the 15-Minute Artist book and is the perfect thing to draw on a chilly winter day. I had a mug of hot chocolate but without marshmallows and a candy cane. Can't have everything.


The biggest challenge on today's gratitude journal page was figuring out how to portray the Knitting Wayback Machine where you can go to find old patterns that are no longer available from their original source but I managed. I envisioned a big box with rollers and a long sheet of paper that goes over and under and pops out of the end with the pattern printed on it. I was most grateful for the sun and blue sky for DD to drive in rather than the snow and ice she had to contend with when she arrived.



Since I finished the Licorice Squall Hat last night I had to dig up something new to knit. First I cast on 90 stitches in skinny yarn on small needles to knit a shawl but then I realized that 400 meters is longer than 400 yards and 400 yards is what I have. Rrrrrip. Then I found a bunch of tiny balls of cashmere and a cowl pattern but that one called for casting on 138 stitches and I wasn't ready for that level of commitment either. I ended up casting on a toe cap (cast sock) 40 stitches in bulky yarn in biggish needles. That turned out to be my speed today.


Today's toss was a handful of toddler socks. Nobobdy's feet fit in them anymore.

I miss DD already. It was nice to have someone around to talk to again.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

All good things must come to an end. I know how you feel about missing DD the minute she drove away. At least we can share our lives when we talk on the phone but its not the same as being there. I'm glad too that she had sunshine and blue skies.