Sunday, February 20, 2022

A Lazy Sunday

Today was a real day of rest. I didn't do much but meet my friend CS at Zambaldi at noon to knit the afternoon away. We drank a little beer and chatted about this and that. I knitted on the February Squall Hat and only forgot a yarnover once which I was able to fix on the next round so I didn't have to back up. Whew. I finished the hat when I got home and learned that I should have gone down another needle size because the hat is still too big but it'll fit someone. The next time I make the hat, and I will make the pattern again, I'll go down at least one needle size, maybe two. Maybe what I should do is cast on fewer stitches. I'll have to think about that.

 


First thing I saw when I opened the drapes this morning was a male Downy Woodpecker at the suet pellets. It was nice and posed pretty for me so I could grab the camera and take its picture.


I went to the grocery on the way home to pick up the things that I forgot when I went on Friday. Salad dressing, chive cream cheese, graham crackers, some more Scooby snacks (which I buy whenever I find them because the kids like them so miuch), and more chocolate ice cream, just in case I run out. I was happy to find that the store wasn't very crowded late on a Sunday afternoon.


When I got home I pulled out my sketchpad and drew the next figure in the 15-Minute Artist book which was a glass of water. Mine kind of looks like the example in the book but I can't see how she makes the reflections look real. I think mine look awkward and wrong.



I didn't have much to put in my gratitude journal page today. I had to search for things to put on there. I'm always grateful for chocolate ice cream. That was an easy add.


I didn't toss anything today. Just wasn't in the mood.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love the colors in your latest hat. Blue is my second favorite color. Red is still first and I'm still stuck in this brown house! My least favorite color. How'd that happen??