Thursday, May 12, 2016

I'm Back!

Look!  Look!  Look!  I'm at work.  I've divorced the loveseat, fled Couch-land for the day and I couldn't be more pleased.  Already I have been welcomed back by one of the Instructors and the mail carrier.  It'll be a quiet day because people have gotten used to the store being closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays but I'm back, babies.  I'm back.  The moths in my wallet are doing the happy dance.

In celebration of getting to come to work today I wound the little skein of alpaca LB brought me from the Yarn Crawl Saturday before last and started knitting it into a pair of fingerless mitts.  This is the second version of Mitt #1 because I used the needles the pattern called for and wasn't going to have enough yarn to make two mitts.  That's not good.  You'd think after all this time I'd remember that I knit loosely so I need to go down a needle size.  So I did that and when I got past the thumb I set the yarn ball on the electronic scale and tugged out the remaining half of the yarn and then just segued into the top ribbing.  Don't worry, I made notes of the changes I made as I went along (I've learned that lesson the hard way, let me tell you) so I can make the second mitt match the first.  It's going fast.  I'm hoping to have them done and ready to be shown off at Friday Night Knitting.

May 12--Ron Nielsen, Cruising the World.

That one palm tree
growing like a tufted backslash
across the sand
ready to drop coconuts
into the surf,
send them off
like fertile missionaries
ready to colonize,
to proselytize on desert island shores.
~~~~~

Mrs. Boss read my blog post from the other day and made me some egg salad for lunches.  Isn't that nice?  I'm very lucky to work here.  And I'm so glad I'm back at it.
--Barbara 

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Milestone Moment. Like General MacArthur -- you returned. Workplace never looked so good. You've got to feel like a bird out of a cage. So happy for you.