Monday, April 22, 2013

Ta-Da!

I finished the Green Shrug this morning.  I spent most of the weekend piled up on the couch tending my cold and knitting, and had only one more row of bottom ribbing and the bind off when I got to work today and I finished it.  I like it.  I added 2" to the body so that it didn't look like a green wool sports bra so when I got near the length the pattern specified I quick picked up the sleeve stitches, knit those, and then picked up the neck band stitches and knit that so that there would be plenty of yarn to add a couple inches plus the bottom ribbing.  And I've got about 4 oz. of yarn left.  I thought about keeping going but I'm glad I didn't.  I slipped it on and I like it.  Tomorrow I'll paw through my button boxes to see if I've got an appropriate button for it.  This is an excellent pattern, well-written and easy to follow.  The only thing is I'd recommend that those on the XL end of the size range use a longer circular needle as that's a lot of stitches and they wanted to jump off, the scamps.


I made the decision that I'm going to frog the Yogi Socks.  There's no yoga at Friday Night Knitting anymore and I don't go to the yoga center every Wednesday (only when Mardi's teaching) so why would I make something I won't wear.  No reason.  Into the frog pond.  I'll make an anklet with the yarn.  Cross my heart.

1 comment:

Ann said...

That's awesome, Mom! It looks great.