Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Cough, Cough, Cough

That was me last night.  I thought I was better when I was awake.  I didn't have to blow my nose every thirty seconds and I could see out of both eyes, focused even.  I didn't need or take any medicine all day, then I went to bed and woke up within an hour cough, cough, coughing with streaming eyes and a runny nose.  Evidently I half-woke another time because I could taste honey-lemon cough drop when I woke up.  And I woke up with a pounding headache and sore shoulders.  So I won't be going to yoga after work so that I don't cough my way through it or infect any more people than absolutely necessary, and I was looking forward to it too since it's the last Wednesday Mardi's teaching for a month.  (Sorry, sweetie, but I don't want to cough all over you and my mat.)  So far I seem to have hand-washed and slept alone and kept to myself enough so that Durwood hasn't caught it.  Fingers crossed.  It's in my head but it'd be in his lungs and that'd be bad.

I got my errands done yesterday and cut up my strawberries and pineapple, even found a box of the granola I like at Aldi for a bit cheaper than Walmart has it, and got a bag of oranges... that are on sale today.  Oh well, I paid less than a dollar more for them.  I'm not fussed.  I didn't find a sweater button.  I don't know why.  I thought about it, but it never went from thought to action.  I'll get there.

I called The Clearing to see how much more it'd be to have a private room but there isn't one available and I'd need to save almost $400 more... so that's off the list.  I've never had a stranger for a roomie before and I'm kinda worried that I'll be a bad roomie or unbearable or that she will be, but four hundred bucks is a lot of money to pay just to be alone.  It'd be nice though... but... (no! it's too pricey, don't even think about it, Barbara)  The weekend I go up is the weekend of Door Co. Shepherd's Market so my friend KS, who works at The Clearing and is a new-ish knitter, and I are going on Sunday.  We'll have to make a pact to keep each others spending in check, at least not let the other make a catastrophic purchase.  I'm really into my yarn diet this year finding it easy (too easy, really) to pull projects from stash and not go and buy stuff.  It won't last, I'm sure, but I'm enjoying it now.

April 24--Cote d'Ivoire, Untitled.

They pose in their finery
looking exotic, African,
still and dignified.
He's made sure his shoes show,
European leather,
a man of the world.
She's slightly in front,
just enough to show
who's boss.
The son stands behind them
teetering on the divide
between boy and man.
~~~~~

Enjoy your day.  I'm hoping my ears open up soon so I can hear.  I'll bet the birds are chirping because the sun's trying to shine.  Toodle-oo.
--Barbara

1 comment:

BFayBooks said...

Hey there, Barbara. I said, HEY THERE! Are your ears open yet? you have a good day -- and a day of good -- too . . . dle-oo back at ya