Friday, April 26, 2013

And... It's Drizzling

Bah.  Just enough to interrupt walking.  But I'm not giving up, Porter, I'll be over when it stops and we'll at least play outside and maybe take a walk anyway.  (yeah, I say that and I hope I do that but I can be unreliable, especially when it comes to exerting myself.)  I need to clean the bathroom today, and maybe mop the kitchen floor (no maybe about it, it needs it), and I want to get the patio table and chairs out so that the moment it's nice enough I'll have a place to sit out there.  So I won't be sloughing off today like I did last weekend when I was getting sicker by the minute.  (ugh, won't be doing that again anytime soon)

uhhhhh... huh.  I can't think of anything else to say today.  Nothing exciting's coming up, nothing exciting happened, guess I'll slap on last night's prompt writing and sign off.

April 26--Louis Comfort Tiffany, Vase.

What do you do
when the vase is
prettier than the flowers?
Do the flowers fade
in embarrassment?
Fling their petals
to the floor in
petulant tantrums
of pique?
Could you really put
a clutch of daisies
into such a vahz
with a clear conscience?
I think I'll stick
with a Mason jar.
~~~~~

Just a few more days left in April, the Poetry Month.  I've enjoyed it.  I hope you have too, or at least haven't hated it.  Hasta la vista, babies.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I've enjoyed the poetry month too. Thanks. April seems to have just flown by. Hope you got to take your walk with Porter.