I finished the Gray Spiral boot sock the other night. I'm wearing it right now. It feels warm and comfy on my foot (it's a rainy day), so comfy that I'm thinking of casting on another sock tout suite. I'm thinking of gathering up all the remains of past boot socks, starting with one, knitting 'til it's gone or nearly so, and then grabbing another random ball. Maybe tomorrow...
The Green Kerchief is growing. I've got 1.5 oz. of yarn left (out of 4 oz. total) so it's moving right along, and I like it.
What I didn't like was the Wrap & Go shawl. Even though the yarn is super-soft silk and alpaca it's also lace weight. It was my first time knitting lace weight all by itself and even after I got out my pointiest needles I kept losing stitches or splitting the yarn as I knit it. I got all of 3 rows knitted before I realized that I was clenched from the roots of my hair to my toenails, so I frogged it and that yarn will become something else. One day.
I've decided that I have to frog that Fino Bias Scarf and start over with fewer stitches. I'm thinking I'll ask Durwood to wind up one skein while I wind the other.
In sewing news, in the bag-sewing book I bought the other day there is a photo of a jar-top pincushion that intrigued me. So I did a little web surfing and found a tutorial. I used some ground walnut shells as stuffing of my first attempt only to discover that they don't compress so it's impossible to put it in the ring to attach it to the jar. That one I hot glued into the inverted ring to be a short, jar-less one. I started over making one that would fit into the ring and onto the jar. It's okay. The ring still didn't want to fit onto the jar but I convinced it. I like them both. I'll be looking for another tutorial to see if anyone has a tip about that problem so my next attempt is even better. Hey, this could be a fun gift for those who sew.