Monday, October 3, 2011

I Am So...

knitting while on vacation. I know you were wondering, but I am. See? I finished one, uh, something (not shown), and I cast on the next, um, thing.











Also remember this?








I hated it. Hated every awkward, ugly inch of it. So I'm unraveling it as I knit it into an EZ's Ribwarmer. It's 100% garter stitch, what's not to love?





In more interesting news--we went to see a waterfall yesterday! It was about 1/4 mile down a woodland path which we both walked, then down a 100 step stairs which only I climbed down and up, but it was sunny and warm and the waterfall was beautiful and LOUD. It was just lovely to stroll through the woods on such a gorgeous day with Durwood. What a perfect day.















Then we drove through multicolored tunnels of trees to Lake Superior where Durwood pulled over so I coudl walk along the road and then I found a path down to the beach and walked there. It was lovely. Anyone know
what agates look like?









We shared a so-so pasty for lunch in Syl's Cafe in Ontonagon and then drove on to Houghton where we are now. More adventures to come.

No comments: