Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Zip. Nada. Nuthin.

That's what I did yesterday and that's why I didn't blog last night.  I didn't knit.  I didn't sew. There are no photos of me on the phone with my financial advisor or the second painter scheduled to come tomorrow to give me an estimate and those are the only productive things I did.

Today, however, Things Got Done.  First thing there was a raucous bluejay that swooped in between the squirrels and chipmunks to nab a few peanuts.  (Oh, I did see what may be the last hummingbird of the season yesterday so I made new birdie juice and put it out.)




Then as the sun got higher and warmed the air up a bit this Monarch butterfly came to sip at the zinnias.




 
 
Mr. Mailman brought the set of short interchangeable needles and single skein of sock yarn I ordered from Knit Picks last weekend.  DD, a long-time knitting pal sent me a KP gift card in sympathy so I spent it on a set of needles I'd have debated long and hard about ordering otherwise and I realized that I don't have a red hand-knit sock.  Me, who loves red everything doesn't have a red sock?  That has to change.  



In the afternoon I went downstairs, sent the Montparnasse Eco cardi on a gentle spin in the washer and patted it into shape to dry...




... then I serged the waist edge and leg ends of the linen pants and got the waist elastic in.  Tomorrow I'll get the pants hemmed.  Really.  And then I can move on to sewing some of the stuff I cut out a couple weekends ago.



My plan to eat better because things are handy is working.  This afternoon I roasted a head of cauliflower with a tiny bit of olive oil and some minced garlic and heated up some Honey-Garlic Thighs (three servings of each--Yay!).  Yum.


I couldn't eat too late because my friend KW picked me up shortly after 6 o'clock to go to a blues concert, a FREE blue concert at St. Norbert College.  She and her friend, who is a musician, met this guy in Maine at a guitar weekend earlier this month and the college was a stop on his 20-city tour so we went.  Awesome.  Old time Delta blues with lots of stories to go with it.  Wonderful.  So glad I went.

September 26--Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, Alpleben.  Kay had the dream again.  She woke just as the sun began to lighten the eastern sky, the tendrils of the dream not letting her go.  The tall, thin blue man strode up the dusty path, his red rake over his shoulder, and the strings of his straw hat looped over his wrist.  Behind him a village lay silent and still at the base of purple hills, and the sky blazed red with the sun or fire.  Kay shivered in the damp chill air from the open window above her bed and more than a little of the fear that the blue man always brought with him.

It's cooled off but still kind of humid which make it feel weird, sort of hot-ish and stuffy but not.  *flings hands in the air*  I don't know what this world is coming to.  (how old does that make me sound?)
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Even on a "Nada" day, you get things done. And even if you just shared a couple of pretty snapshots, that counts. At least in my book. Sounds like autumn is coming to GB. Not so down here in the Sunshine State. Hotter than H-E double hockey sticks but it hasn't stopped Paul's golf games. Out there again today and once again, I'm saying that's why we moved down here so no complaining from me.