Monday, September 24, 2018

Welcome Back, Hula Boy!

Last Friday as I put away folded laundry I spied a white bakery bag in a dresser drawer.  In it was the hula boy statue that I took off the dashboard of my red HHR when I lent it to DS last fall.  I knew he wouldn't appreciate driving around with a topless hula boy wobbling on his dash so I removed it and bagged it for later.  Last month, after Durwood died, I sold the big van to DS and got my HHR back and on Friday I put Hula Boy back where he belongs.

OJ wanted to hold the turtle that lives on the dashboard of the big van when he and I were off on an adventure the other day but I told him that Daddy has that car now and I don't have a turtle in my car.  His 2-year-old's response was, "get one."  Well, I tried.  He and I went to The Schoolhouse which has a very broad selection of animals in various sizes.  Unfortunately none of the turtles were right for our purposes but they had a huge green bullfrog that really spoke to me.  I bought it and OJ thinks it's an excellent car companion.  I agree.



After my abortive attempt to sew the pants together and my session with the seam ripper yesterday I went back downstairs today and managed to get the pants sewn together correctly.  Tomorrow I'll get the waist elastic in and the legs hemmed.  Will I sew the pockets in place?  Maybe, after I've tried them on.


 

On my way down to sew I took the extra food out of the upstairs freezer and on the way back up after sewing I brought up all of the pre-made and pre-portioned meals.  Now the freezer is a treasure trove of nutritious, quick to fix meals.  Wish me luck in getting back on track.

September 24--Frederic Bazille, Young Woman with Peonies.  Dale looked down at the sprawl of flowers on the sidewalk.  Every evening he bought a few stems from her for his wife.  The flower seller was a young woman with dark brown eyes and skin.  She was shy, not very talkative, but Dale had made her smile a few times.  He was confused by the mess where her stall stood.  He wondered what had happened to her.  He looked around to find the Asian grocery watching him.  Dale spread his hands and asked, "What happened?" but the man shook his head and turned away.

Once again I'm up late.  *sigh*  I got the Mr. Rogers Neighborhood DVD today from Netflix and had to watch it after I got home around 8:30.  *sigh*  I should probably close this and go to bed.  G'night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That picture of your freezer looks like it could have come from an episode of "The Pioneer Woman". No excuses to skip dinner and go right for the ice cream. Love the hula boy but that big green toad looks formidable. Interesting traveling companions to entertain OJ -- and maybe you too!