Thursday, September 6, 2018

A Quiet Day After All

I got an early morning text saying that I needed to be on Meemaw duty today so my day narrowed appreciably but I did have a little warm (extra-warm) body to snuggle with.  Lots of stories got read, lots of birds and chipmunks were fed and giggled over, and we were lucky enough to be sitting quietly on the patio when a hummingbird came to the nectar feeder.  We were amazed by it.

This evening I had the last, the very last, Mediterranean Chickpea Salad topped with a couple ounces of grilled chicken.  As much as I like that salad, it'll be a while before I make it again.  I think I've made a double batch twice in the last month.  'Snuff.



After supper I knitted the next red onto the slipper sock.  Next comes a charcoal stripe and the third red.  I'm just winging it.  Hope it doesn't look like the dog's dinner when I'm done.


September 6--Antonio Pollaiolo, Profile Portrait of a Woman.  She hated her nose.  When she bound up her hair her forehead was too high and her nose had a bump like it had been broken.  She pleaded to have a nose job but Papa said she had the family nose and changing it would be a slap in the face to everyone who had ever been born.  On the entire planet.  She had to admit that when the whole family got together that there were a lot of examples of her nose but that didn't make her like it.  She wondered if she really broke it if the doc would straighten it out.

Since I was unavoidably detained today first thing tomorrow I'll deal with the weeds I pulled yesterday and I want to crank out a little pre-meeting knitting guild newsletter just to remind people that there's a meeting next Thursday.  That should keep me occupied.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sounds like a bonus MeeMaw day -- and nothing wrong with that. At least it gave you a day of semi-relaxation. The weeds can definitely wait.